Subject: Re: [Leica] Homepages / crtique / smoking in the us of a.
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 21:22:06 -0500

Hi Mikko--
I just went through Lee Friedlander's "Self-Portrait" book. I was
SURE that there was a picture of him where he had a cigarette in his
mouth. But, alas there was not. There was one of him in the mirror of
a cigarette machine (USD$.35/pack).
Anyway, the MOOD of your self-portrait reminded me of some of Lee's pictures.
I think it's a good picture and wouldn't be the same without the
cigarette. It's you.
I won't dare comment on the cigarette debate. I will say that when
I'm in a restaurant and bit of smoke comes over my dinner table I
usually just shrug and say, "very European". If there's a lot of
smoke I pretend like I'm back in Tokyo.
Oh well.
Best,
John Fulton
Fort Worth
(PS--Go Mika Hakkinen--happy retirement).

Message from "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] Homepages / crtique / smoking in the us of a.)