Subject: Re: [Leica] Considering trading M4-P for Konica -- am I nuts?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 07:42:24 -0700

Bmceowen@aol.com wrote:

> Hey there guys and gals! I'm back for awhile. Thought I'd check in and see
> what's going on in Luggerland. Also, I have a question . . .
>
> I'm currently using a M6 (.85 ttl) and an M4-P. I'm thinking of selling the
> M4-P and picking up a Koninca RF body. The AE operation appeals to me (among
> other things). What is the consensus about the the Konica? Is it worthy? What
> about the focusing with the Leica lenses? Does it really work?
>
> Bob McEowen
> --

I know i don't like the idea of mixing and matching them.

Bob I was impressed by the feel of the Konica once on a camera store counter.
I think it's worthy in many ways. Zip Zip Zip that whole micromotor ball of wax!
Built in motor, Wow!
If the timing was different and my financial situation was different and my
commitment to photography was different I'd perhaps have gone Konica instead of
Leica. How bad could it be?

But i don't think it's worthy to be traded by an M4P! My God!
I hate to hear "Konica" mentioned in the same paragraph as a Leica M4P!

I guess i Like a Leica ...  don't Kon a Konica.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/