Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc/LTM lenses/Jupiter...
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 15:29:57 -0400

At 11:40 AM 10/13/01 -0400, Dan Post wrote:
>Lager and Laney are something I wish the
>local Barnes and Noble would have so I could peruse them for free as they
>are a bit costly!!!

Dan

Lager IS a bit steep -- $250 or so for the set.  (I was going to pass up
the current editions until Jim sent me a most kind note complimenting me on
my LTM book and sorta, kinda suggesting I invest in his, so how could I say
no?)  Van Hasbroeck is also rather steep.  But Laney, Sartorius, Rogliatti,
Puts, these guys aren't more than $50 and, in Laney's case, rather less
than that.

Also, Laney and Lager often show up used.  These books often look quite
rough due to the heavy use they get, but the pages are generally readable.
(I COULD make a crude remark about the, er, elation some collectors show
when drooling over pictures of Leica 72's and the like, but discretion, for
once, restrains my often over-ready wit!)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!

Replies: Reply from "Greg J. Lorenzo" <gregj.lorenzo@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc/LTM lenses/Jupiter...)