Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica IIIc/LTM lenses/Jupiter...
From: Pablo Kolodny <pkolodny@fibertel.com.ar>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:57:07 -0700

Don,

As for the first paragraph I can't figure out exactly what you mean re the
shutter. This IIIf seems to be made in 1952 since the serial is about 590838
if my memory is fine. Anyway seems to be fully working. The rangefinder is a
little bit darkened but that doesn't bother me since the camera is with a
Heliar 15, then you know... hyperfocal manages almost everything.

Now, a slide film is loaded in the camera thinking that color test for the
lens are better reached with any other person trying to filtrate negative
film. But my Spot meter was working to set the proper exposure.
I use to guess exposure most of the times when using M2s with a relatively
80 to 90% of success. Some other times I feel better with a hand meter in my
pocket. I use to take a couple of measures before taking photos and make
some corrections as I think the light changes...
I feel this camera is less unobtrusive than Ms, I think the body is coming
with a 5 cm Summitar or something alike. I didn't take it 'cause the idea
was to test the Heliar 15 but they didn't find the LTM to M adapter and the
camera was then lent to me. But now, I feel the camera will be kept as a new
baby in its cradle among my other Leica stuff.

I also feel that soon I'll be inquiring about some other glasses quality re
the LTM lenses and so on.
Are the good glasses, let's say Summicrons, Summarons, Elmars, more
expensive in LTM than in M mounts ?

What about Jupiter glasses ? are they really Carl Zeiss formulae made in
Jena or what ? Are they cheaper ?
Well, too much questions...
- --
Pablo Kolodny