Subject: [Leica] Re: Ruined slides -- I've had it now
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 13:36:15 +1000

To Pascal and others that are interested.
I emphatically support Tina's sentiment re. 'doing it yourself. In her case, and mine, in a Jobo. Let me submit
some facts.
I used to suffer as has Pascal and obviously others from lab stuff ups and sloppyness. All excused under a
plethora of 'buck passing', usually back to the photographer. I need/want the best for/from my images.
Therefore I use Leica, Hasselblad etc. Remaining variables are photographer and processing. Hope I haven't
missed anything here. With me the photographer can't be negotiated (I'm not about to give up!), so remains the
processing. Why cheapscate on this last link in the face of the precedding investment! I spent less than A$4000
on a processor (JOBO) which INSTANTLY lifted quality, convenience, reliability, consistency through the roof.
Now before anyone bites my head off about the cost, remember you have already made the decision the spend
megabucks indulging yourself with Leica gear,and I applaude you for doing it, because it allows you to make
better pics. So does processing your own whaterver. If you can't/won't afford cotrol over this last step, frankly
you are wasting your time and money on Leica gear. By the way, the price I have quoted on the Jobo is in
Australian Dollars, so for our American fraternity it will probably be less than half that. Don't try and justify the
cost, because if you do, you will probably sell you Leica! :-)
There, that's off my chest, the cat is among the pidgeons. I await the feathers to fly.
Happier processing to all,
JohnA

John Amiet
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA