Subject: [Leica] Pictures mostly a week
From: John Amiet <jeapic@operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:54:18 +1000

Don Dory wrote:
<<Well girls and boys, it's late on Saturday night: that means it's time for
the weekly submission.  I missed last week as I was soaking up sun on mostly
deserted beaches on the Florida Panhandle so this week it's four images.
Enjoy the view, and as always, comments are always welcome.  Please, please
don't throw me in the sugar sand.
While I usually stick my lens right in front on my vict er, subject, this
time I wanted to give you all the feeling of off season in Florida.  Blue,
indigo blue sky, deep turquoise water, and miles and miles of soft,
brilliant white sand virtually unpopulated by people. >>>
Hi Don,
Your pics of beach life are very empathetic. I particularly like the shot of your daughter. Contrary to your
description of what she is doing ( I believe the fact, my family members tend to 'upset' pics for similar reasons) I
feel the image as presented gives a great feeling that she is dreaming up a vision that is played out behind her.
That is to say, she apears to be 'dreaming up' the beautiful scenario. A large print of this should look good.
 The other pics have a great summer feel that I recognize as someone who live by the beach. Where I live, the
summer is just around the corner. I can't wait!
Curiously, your pic with the group ignoring each other is very real. The otherwise emptyness of the beach is
contadicted by the myriad of foootprints in the sand. I have often noticed this and thought how contracdictory it
seems to the otherwise empty pamorama. Also, I envy you the recent holiday.
Nice work of an endlessly fascinating subject.
Cheers,
JohnA

John Amiet
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA