Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: partial roll.
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 16:56:09 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:

> more frames left on a roll. But a few times over the years, I grabbed a
> roll, threw it into my M6, and started taking photographs only to discover
> later that I had double exposed the first frames as it was a "partial
roll."<<<<<

Hi Jim,
Thanks for making me feel, "I'm not alone!" ;-)

Like you I rarely re-load a roll after a what I may say..... "my many
encounters with the devil double exposure routine" :-)

However, I encountered the critter just last week when a long lost roll I
must have taken out, not marked,  dropped back into the bag ion a hurry and
unfortunately re-loaded with what appeared to be 1/2 dozen frames! :-(

Did I miss anything important? Nope and my good fortune it wasn't .

Reloading is a dangerous thing to do unless it's out of one body and into
another within a few minutes. I just don't do it and haven't for sometime
and the one of the other day was a complete surprise. We've been trying to
figure out what the first double frames were and how the roll had kicked
around for so long before getting re-loaded.

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

Replies: Reply from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@charter.net> (Re: [Leica] Re: partial roll.)