Subject: [Leica] Re: 35-70mm zoom and the no carry on question.
From: "Sal DiMarco,Jr." <sdmp007@pressroom.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 08:34:44 -0400

Luggers and Leggers,
    At the last Photokina, Leica told the assembled Luggers they would be
introducing in the second half of 2001 and "short zoom lens" and a smaller,
lighter, faster 15mm R lens.
    Could this "short zoom lens" be what your fiend saw? If they are making
the 35-70, well I'm happy for Dr. Yao.
    There is no question, airline security is going to be tighter. However,
to permanently do something like banning all carry on baggage is foolish.
Frank Van Riper in his Sunday camera column says Pan Am will not allow carry
ons. OK, I will not fly Pan Am. The business traveler who uses his/her
flying time to work, will not fly on an airline which will not permit
him/her to carry on their brief case and lap top. Pan Am will lose too much
business, if they continue.
    As photographers, we all have to find our own system to insure the
safety of your film and the picture recorded on them. This problem will not
go away.
Happy Snaps,
Sal DiMarco, Jr.
Philadelphia, PA