Subject: Re: [Leica] Light in the darkroom?
From: "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:59:49 -0400

I started a thread like this about a year ago.  I was having a terrible
problem with prints coming out darker than they looked during processing, so
called "print drydown".  The major culprit was having a flourescent light
over the fixer tray.  It made the prints look much lighter than they really
were.  I switched to a bare bulb incandescent about four feet up and I
haven't had any problems since.

I have also seen the flourescent "after glow".  Sometimes after my eyes get
used to the dark I can see the light box glowing dimly.  Its far enough away
that it probably doesn't matter, but it would make me nervous if it was
close to my paper.

Mike D