Subject: RE: [Leica] Wet work: thank you and a few more questions....
From: "Griffith, Lucian" <griffil1@anz.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:11:08 +1000

 Adam Bridge wrote:

>I figure re-using developer is asking for trouble.

Not to me.  I keep a very accurate record of how many times I've used my
D76.  I re-use it - just not too much.

>Fixer? Pour it into another bottle? Mix it back with the original? Sounds
>sorta iffy to me.

Not iffy at all.  Perfectly reasonable.  The most important thing is the
developer.

It's not brain surgery - there seems to be quite a lot of latitude for error
with perfectly reasonable results in the darkroom.  Although I agree with
many of the sentiments written by Brian Reid (exact temperature, non
contamination etc) - if these things do happen it's not the end of the
world.  IMHO it's a waste of time worrying about a tenth of a degree, or
over development - whatever - if you're working with a boring image.  The
resultant image is the important thing - the process of getting there is
whatever works for you - you shouldn't lose sight of that.  I've printed a
number of my photos for exhibition - and I figure the people looking at your
work in the gallery couldn't give a buggery bollocks what temperature your
dev was or whether you re-used your fixer: they're only interested in the
image.

All IMHO, of course.
cheers,
Lucian G.