Subject: RE: [Leica] Wet work: share some wisdom?
From: "Griffith, Lucian" <griffil1@anz.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:59:22 +1000

on 7/28/01 7:22 PM, Adam Bridge at abridge@mac.com wrote:

> As someone who is just venturing into the wild and whacky world of the
> darkroom, I'd sure enjoy hearing some suggestions from those who have been
> there about some of the really killer mistakes that people make and how to
> create a methodology to avoid them.

If you're just developing negs you don't need a darkroom. Get a developing
tank, some reels and a changing bag (I just wrote a lengthy description of
my own right here on the LUG!).  You don't need a darkroom if you only want
to develop negatives.

But, IMHO, the most fun is in printing your work!  In which case you need a
darkroom  - and all the great advice already written is not going to be
added to by me...

Except - take manufacturers developing times with a grain of salt.  You need
to determine your own preferance for film developer combinations, and the
appropriate time to develop them.  IMHO, this is why you need to also be
printing your own work  - 'cause this is the only way you'll really know how
you want your negatives to look.  They go hand in hand, like peas and
carrots, as Forrest Gump would have said.

cheers,
Lucian G.