Subject: Re[2]: [Leica] Equipment question....
From: Bob Walkden <bob@web-options.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 22:02:29 +0100

Hi,

I realise it's probably futile and naive to try and find a rationale
behind Leica pricing, but...

It's my understanding that M3s whose serial # > 1,000,000 command a
premium because the people in Wetzlar were by then fully trained and
experienced in building them, and that consequently the M3s were better
made than earlier ones.

However, given that all surviving M3s numbered below 1 million are now
at least 41 years old, surely by now they've done enough to prove their
build quality...?

- ---

 Bob

mailto:bob@web-options.com