Subject: Re: [Leica] re: should i buy a noctilux?
From: "stephen holloway" <stephen.holloway@balcab.ch>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 20:56:45 +0200

Mark Rabiner wrote:

> A favorite technique of mine i wish it was called Fastnacht or something cool in German.
> Wegklicken? (finger lickin)
> But it is I often who walks quickly toward my subject, when i hit the preset
> distance i click the camera. Yes often it is if we have lost control over the
> timing of the shot. But it depends on how fast you walk.

I like doing that to. I call it 'walk-by shooting'. You can have a
little bit of timing control by moving your arm back when you've hit the
preset (normally 1m for me) and synchronize with the subject for a
fraction of a second (I always look at their eyes to get the best
moment). People walking have a really good pose - head up, eyes wide and
you can get some excellent portraits this way.

This is one of my favourites (Noctilux at f1.0 in Oxford Street, London,
camera hand-held):

	http://www.deepturtle.com/steve/photos/london/2.html

That was actually shot in colour and I'm not sure which I prefer, but I
shot it as a bw (the hair texture) so decided to exhibit it like that.

- --
Stephen Holloway
http://www.deepturtle.com/steve/photos

Replies: Reply from "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] re: should i buy a noctilux?)