Subject: Re: [Leica] re: should i buy a noctilux?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:59:40 -0700

><Snip>
> - For things like the Fastnacht pictures where people are moving
> predictably, I use a 'gating' technique. Preset the lens focus, put it
> to your eye and let the subject walk into frame, hit the shutter when
> the rangefinder lines up. You lose control over timing with this
> technique, so take lots of pictures. If there's room, start walking
> backwards in front of the subject, now you've got lots of timing control
> - don't forget to look behind you every few seconds though! (Or get an
> assistant).
><Snip>
> Stephen Holloway

A favorite technique of mine i wish it was called Fastnacht or something cool in German.
Wegklicken? (finger lickin)
But it is I often who walks quickly toward my subject, when i hit the preset
distance i click the camera. Yes often it is if we have lost control over the
timing of the shot. But it depends on how fast you walk.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/