Subject: [Leica] random access navigation WAS Anthony' photos
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 08:59:00 -0400

on 7/3/01 12:34 AM, Mxsmanic at mxsmanic@hotmail.com wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out some elegant way of allowing random access to the
> photos, but I haven't come up with anything yet.  I don't like the methods I
> see used on other sites.  Thumbnails take too long to load, separate frames
> clutter the screen, etc.  I am open to suggestions (several visitors have
> asked for a way to get to images randomly--right now the only way to do that
> is to type the URL of the desired image directly).

have a look at the way I do it. For each bunch of pictures ('gallery')
there's a thumbnail page, but if you don't want to bother with that, each
image page has links to all the other pictures (by number) running across
the top of the image, plus links to next, previous, and the thumbnails.

Also clicking on the pic takes you to the next one.

Much harder to explain than demonstrate: start here.

    http://www.pinkheadedbug.com/portfolios/humantraffic

- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com