Subject: Re: [Leica] another two weeks in leica m3 hell!
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2001 12:47:25 -0400

on 7/3/01 12:00 PM, Dan Honemann at danh@selectsa.com wrote:

> There is beauty everywhere, because beauty is not contained in the presumed
> external objects (people, places, plants and the like) that fill our world:
> it is in the way we _see_.  Our cameras are just toys that help us play in
> the creative field of awareness.

quite right

the genius of photography lies in its perplexing duality

it is always about the outside world -- you have to photograph SOMETHING or
it ceases to be a photograph -- but like it or not you are also always
photographing yourself

or as HCB put it, one eye looking out and one eye looking in
- --
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

ICQ: 109343205