Subject: RE: [Leica] Heliopan Circular Polarizer Filter
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:44:47 -0500

To all those that took the time to help me in my endeavor to find the right
Heliopan Circular Polarizer filter for my R8 I say thanks.

With the advice and suggestions given I did finally contact a Leica dealer
that had one in stock and I was able to purchase it.

I have to say that I am impressed with the honesty of all the dealers I
called or emailed that were connected with this group in some way. Without
exception they did not try to sell me what I did not want or need.

All told me that the Kasemann (encased) filter was not needed for general
photography unless you lived in a very moist (tropical) climate or in the
Artic. This saved me a lot of money not buying something I didn't need and I
find this refreshing is this day and age.

I have found in general that all the individuals and dealers I have done
business with that either participate on the LUG or monitor it have been
helpful and honest in their advice and have never tried to over sell an
item.

In my mind that is one of the best reasons to use the LUG and learn from the
many knowledgeable people and honest sources of equipment. It helps you cut
through all the hype of the other dealers that are only interested in your
money and could not care less why you are asking or if they have helped you.

Cheers

Tom Henson