Subject: RE: [Leica] Heliopan Circular Polarizer Filter
From: "Rodgers, David" <david.rodgers@xo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 12:23:36 -0500

Tom,

I know you didn't ask this, but I rely on step rings a lot. I use a 62mm B+W
polarizer and a 60-62 step up on my 80-200/4. I can even extend the lens
shade. I use a 55 Polarizer on my other R lenses, and several M lenses.

Before I buy stup rings and filters I'll usually test them out at a dealer.
Not "classic" Leica. But step rings really can be convenient when it comes
to many lenses with filters of varying sizes. I have 3 high quality
polarizers -- 62,55 & 49. I use them on lenses with 9 different filter
sizes.

Dave