Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: Re: M Purity/B&W
From: "Mxsmanic" <mxsmanic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 10:30:44 +0200

Marc James Small writes:

> Are you mixing your own C-41 chemistry or are
> you using someone's kits?

Neither.  I have it developed at a one-hour lab.  Doing it myself would defeat
the only advantage of using chromogenic films for me, namely, convenience.

> You get the results consistent with the amount
> of effort you put into the dark room.  I have,
> sadly, learned that sloppy work leads to unacceptable
> results ...

I dunno.  I can be pretty casual with D-76 and Tri-X and still get results that
beat the pro labs easily.  One wonders how _they_ are developing the stuff.

Message from Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net> (Re: [Leica] RE: Re: Re: M Purity/B&W)