Subject: [Leica] Re: Black Hole? Almost
From: phuang@pmsoft.com.sg
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:58:38 +0800

Hi Mitch,

I almost had the same problem.  I wanted to send my 2X Focus Module to the
agent in Singapore for servicing. Firstly I had to explain what a Focus
Module was and then was told that it needed to go to Solms and the minium
wait time was 3 months (at least he was honest).  I decided against it and
told the agent than it is no wonder why the majority of pros do not use
Leica Rs.  Asked him, do they provide loans while the lens is being service
and the answer was no, we are not able to provide such service. I thought
this happens only in the far east but apparently not.

Cheers,

Paul