Subject: [Leica] 1.25x magnifier "in person"
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:45:01 EDT

> Anybody out there had their hands on one of the new 1.25x viewfinder
> magnifiers?

I received my first shipment of the 1.25x magnifier today and I did take one
out to look it over as well.

It first surprised me in how TINY it is! It is only about the size of an
eraser on a pencil. Like a baby monocle on a chain!<g>

The optics are definitely first rate and the little leather case is actually
square instead of circular as it was pictured in the earlier literature.

I screwed one onto an M6 .72 and looked through. With glasses it is a bit
harder to look through than the .85 would be. Maybe because one's eye is a
little bit back further. On the .58 I found it more agreeable. That was my
first impression at least.

It screws into the eyepiece firmly and the little leather case has a snap to
attached to the strap when you are not using it.

Over all I think it is a home run...but soon you will be hearing from those
who ordered them.

BTW, I am going through the orders sequentially, so if you didn't make the f
irst small batch, count on getting yours in the next couple of weeks as I get
more.

thanks!
Rich