Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Agfa paper problems
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2001 14:12:54 -0700

Pete Su wrote:

> I cracked open a "new" box of Agfa Multicontrast 11x14 glossy fiber paper this
> morning to make a print, and I found that every sheet that I pulled out had a
> long vertical scratch in the emulsion, all basically in the same place.
>
><Snip>

I used Agfa papers for in the 70's and early 80's and found that consistency is
an issue. I'd get some with a line like that too a whole box.
Ilfords consistency is much better. I use their paper and have since then.
I try to be consistent with them too!
Kodak though I'd not want to use but would expect to be more consistent.
Kodak got the consistency thing down you've got to say that for them.
In the black and white paper department it's consistent and mediocre.
When ever i tried the stuff (cause they were out of Ilford) I'd regret it.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA

http://www.rabiner.cncoffice.com/