Subject: [Leica] OT: Agfa paper problems
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 11:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

I cracked open a "new" box of Agfa Multicontrast 11x14 glossy fiber paper this
morning to make a print, and I found that every sheet that I pulled out had a
long vertical scratch in the emulsion, all basically in the same place.

To make sure, I printed the same picture with some Agfa 8x10 (at the same mag.)
and Ilford 11x14, and the scratch is gone.

I bought this box of paper a month or two ago and have just started to make
prints with it. Now I'm wondering how common this kind of defect is, and if I
should test every box of paper as a receive it. That would be sort of a pain,
as I'd rather store paper unopened if I can.

Have any of the darkroom mavens in Leica land had this experience?

Thanks,
Pete