Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Agfa paper problems
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 15:12:45 -0700 (PDT)

- --- Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> wrote:
> I used Agfa papers for in the 70's and early 80's and found that consistency
> is
> an issue. I'd get some with a line like that too a whole box.
> Ilfords consistency is much better. I use their paper and have since then.
> I try to be consistent with them too!

This is discouraging. I mostly used Ilford paper for a couple of years until I
tried the Agfa for a class and got some truly beautiful prints. I love the
slightly warm tone, and the somewhat lower contrast.

But, if I can't trust it to come out of the box right, the Ilford paper is fine
stuff too. Sigh.

Thanks,
Pete