Subject: Re: [Leica] the leica DOES fill flash at 1/125 second
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

Kyle Cassidy wrote:
i was going to keep my mouth shut on this one, but nobody brought it up
that i could see, but about a year ago, a LUGGER (whose name escapes
me) posted that they'd accidentally set the sync speed to 125 during
the day to do fill flash, realized their mistake, but developed the
film anyway and was happy to discover that the images came out okay.

we tested it ourselves in the plug:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/plug/events/may1stfriday/plug.jpg

try it yourself.

kc

Yes, folks, Kyle is right! I tried it with my Leica and it worked. In
fact, you can use shutter speeds lower than 1/125 too, in manual mode,
you don't _have_ to use 1/250 for flash synch.

Kyle, you were talking about the R8, right? Please tell me I'm not
making an a**hole of myself here. ;-)

Regards,

=====
Ray