Subject: RE: [Leica] 35mm R Lens recommendation
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 19:15:04 -0700 (PDT)

Andre Jean Quintal wrote:

>I would like to purchase one of these R lenses in the near future, the
>Summicron R 35mm F2 or the Summilux R 35mm F1.4.  Can anyone please
give me
>some opinions on these lenses?  Is the F1.4 worth the extra money?
thank
>you.
><<<

There is an extremely positive review of the Summicron-R f/2 35mm
"somewhere" on the Internet.   It would seem the optics engineer behind
it s highly respected.
I have found a brief but highly complimentary review of the 35
Summicron-R at photo.net, URL:
http://www.photo.net/photo/leica/agailliot/r35

I am very pleased with the performance of my 35 Summicron-R and I feel
sure you wouldn't be disappointed with it. However, I haven't had the
chance to compare it with the 35 Summilux-R.

Regards,

=====
Ray