Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: quality control
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 19:40:32 -0500

Jim,

I haven't had a single failure either, I simply was not satistisfied with
the quality of the lenses.

Would they have taken good pictures? Absolutely.

If you didn't mind loose aperture rings, lack of proper lubrication to the
focusing elements, oil residue on inner elements, and debris and dust mites
crawling around inside the lens, they were absolutely great.

How much of this equipment did you buy in the last year? I can only comment
on recently made products that I have bought.

Their willingness to work with me though is absolutely impeccable. Never
doubted my complaints and after their own inspection agreed they all needed
replacing.

Replies: Reply from Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: Re: quality control)