Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: quality control
From: Tom.Henson@bakerbotts.com
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 20:12:32 -0500

Guy,

On the contrary. I haven't written them off at all. While my experience is
one person in thousands, it still is discouraging when 6 out of 8 lens had
something wrong. Keep in mind these lenses all had different serial number
ranges and were not necessarily made all in a batch. Also keep in mind that
the zooms are not even made by Leica so they can't be directly blamed. I
feel very loyal to Leica since they are a dying breed of sorts. For them to
compete as small as they are and yet still be here is a testament to their
products. I simply suggest there is room for improvement as I want to see
them making cameras and lenses a very long time.