Subject: RE: [Leica] LALUG - Chicken Beak Gang pic
From: Douglas Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:56:26 -0400 (EDT)

- ------Original Message------
From: Ron & Bee Lian Miller <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
To: LEICA <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: May 16, 2001 3:30:21 PM GMT
Subject: [Leica] LALUG - Chicken Beak Gang pic

Hi folks,
On my webpage I've posted a photo of the infamous Chicken Beak
Gang/Terrorist...whatever! The image was lent by Stasys Petravicius. For
all the techies: R5, Vario-Elmar-R 1:3.5-4.5/28-70, Tri-X rated at ISO
200, developed in Microdol-X, N+15%.

I've included Doug Landrum's wonderful account of that day below. With
Doug supplying the story, Stasys...the scan, and myself, the host place,
this was the only way we could post this for people to share a view of
the zaniness that went on during the first LALUG gathering.

Please forgive me for the slow up load of the entire page but the single
pic is worth it. It is on the first page, second row. ENJOY

regards to all,
bee lian
http://home.earthlink.net/~rkmiller001/index.html
<SNIP>
<<<

Great story!  This is one of the few times I regret living in Sacramento
rather than near L.A. (note to non-Californians: there is an intense rivalry
between L. A. and the rest of the state... and it didn't help that Lakers
whupped the Kings).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com