Subject: Re: [Leica] 90mm summicron or elmarit
From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 20:09:12 +0100

Please bear in mind that I have been a Leica owner for just over 6 weeks
when reading my contribution to this thread.

When I bought my outfit, I looked very briefly at the Summicron it was very
nice.  However,  I preferred the Elmarit because of its smaller size and
weight.  It also costs just over half the price of the Summicron.  I'm sure
that it is an excellent lens, but for me the Elmarit will do just fine.  If
I need an extra stop, I'll just have to use a faster film.

As far as results are concerned, I am stunned at the quality that it (and my
35mm f2 ASPH) can deliver.

Regards

Mark Pope
Swindon, Wilts