Subject: [Leica] 90mm summicron or elmarit
From: Frederik.Boone@harol.be
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 11:21:04 +0200

I am a little surprised that there is nobody who prefers the elmarit. About
one year ago I decided to buy the elmarit because :
- - Price
- - Size
- - available in silver chrome (warning, this is a heavy but looks so nice)
I did not regret buying that elmarit for a minute. That lens is at 2.8
already fantastic but I try to avoid that since the depth of field is so
small that I get a lot of out of focus portraits. I also compared both, the
summicron and the elmarit and I could not see the difference. Probabely I
am not the most demanding user and lousy in focusing but that lens
satisfies my need completely. I am convinced that both lenses are offered
since both have stregths.
Frederik Boone