Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: autofocus macro
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 23:10:53 -0400

At 09:45 PM 5/1/2001 -0500, lea wrote:
>Anyway, this is a Leica list...we got off track and now have managed to get
>waaay off track. Some have been kinder than others in pointing out how they
>perceive macro vs. close up photography. It really isn't relevant in range
>finder photography anyway so let's get back to discussing Leicas, everyone
can
>take photos as they see fit and all will be harmoniously happy.

I routinely do macro work with a Leica M3 or M6, Viso III, and Bellows II
rig.  I have macro lenses from a 24mm Micro-Summar and 25mm Luminar and
Photar to a 9cm Mikrotar and 10cm Micro-Summar.  So, yes, this IS a proper
subject for the LUG.

And, again, this is NOT a matter of "opinion":  there are facts of optical
science at play here.  You might want to review the section on this in the
15th (and, sadly, the last) edition of THE LEICA MANUAL for details:  it is
a clear and rather concise description of just how this sort of
picture-shootin' works.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!