Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: autofocus macro
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 23:03:43 -0400

At 09:31 PM 5/1/2001 -0500, lea wrote:
>It would appear you and I have differing views. And MY but you are hostile
about
>yours.

Instead of being unnecessarily snippy, why not understand the difference
between close-up, macro, and micro work.  I do a lot of macro and some
micro work, and it is most demanding stuff;  close-up work, by comparison,
is almost easy.  Depth of Field becomes excruciating in macro work, which
is why others have opined that auto-focus isn't a useful tool in macro or
micro work.

These really aren't opinions, ma'am:  these are facts.  And a number of us
would like to know what sort of work you are doing and at what magnifications.

It IS okay to be wrong, here on the LUG.  I have had my nippers stomped on
quite a number of times, and I have learned much from the often-indelicate
assertions of those more knowledgeable than I am, among which number
Henning and Jim rank high (even though Jim has an atrocious taste in
automobiles, but, hey!, let's not get personal here.)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!