Subject: [Leica] Re: photo criticism...
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 15:25:47 -0700

At 01:42 PM 4/26/01 -0700, Steve Barbour wrote:

>> http://www.gavrilisphotography.com/
>
>These images are technical gems... but it is easy to see why you tend to
>focus on the technical details...I believe that is so because the
>photographer focussed on the technical details,  even to the detiment of the
>image/the content itself.
>
>Sorry to say,   many of these pictures are very pretty,  but are over
>"produced", weakening the power of the  image, in my opinion.
>

>Is that your conclusion as well Jim , or do I misinterpret.  ?   Steve

No, not at all. I do not understand your term "over produced?"

These images, in the flesh, are stunning.

It is because we both are photographers, both have essentially the same
equipment, I tend to go for the jugular before viewing the images. As does
John. He will always immediately point out what he thinks are the flaws,
which get us off track to start with. But in reality, any flaws are so
insignificant, they would not be seen even by most photographers.

This is not Leica photography. It is LF photography and spending the time
necessary to be there when the light is right. Many many many trips over
many many many years.

Jim

Replies: Reply from brougham3@yahoo.com ([Leica] Re: photo criticism...)
Reply from "Steve Barbour" <kididdoc@home.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: photo criticism...)