Subject: [Leica] Re: photo criticism...
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 19:27:06 -0700

Well... you may think so but the only filter John uses is a polarizer.
Sometimes a split ND. His film, same film that I use, is 4x5 Velvia.

I actually use more filter types than John.

And keeping a filter mfg'r in business... buy a filter one time and you
don't need to buy it again. It's not a disposable item. It's not like film.

Are you personally keeping Leica in business buying and re-buying cameras
and lenses? Oops, you might be... sorry.

John produces books, cards, posters, and fine art prints. He has many
corporate clients as well as individuals. As was recently discussed on the
LUG or LEG, the web is not exactly representative of what any photograph
actually looks like in the flesh. You should see John's photographs in the
flesh. I suspect that the person that built his web site "PhotoShopped" his
scans for the online galleries and overdid it a little.

It is very obvious that John is doing something right. He makes a
r-e-a-l-l-y good living at being an artist. Most photography "artists" only
hope to do as well. He puts his heart and soul into it. And it returns him
the favor.

So anyone can dis John and his photographs if they please. But it is hardly
fair from a web presentation. Ask BD! I won't change the facts that he is
producing magnificent work and leading a very successful photographic life.

Something we all would secretly like to do. Maybe it is no secret...

Jim