Subject: Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends
From: Paul Chefurka <chefurka@home.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:45:23 -0400

On Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:01:07 -0400, "faneuil"
<leica_korenman@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I am relatively new here but elsewhere I have heard over and over that the
>Hexar RF is not reliably compatible with Leica lenses.
>I.E., inaccurate rangefinder focusing.
It's a rumour started by Konica's legal department, and given early
credence by some QC problems.  There is no compatibility problem with
Leica lenses - certainty not in my experience.  The specifications of
the mount and rangefinder have been known for years, there's no reason
an engineer would get them wrong.

>And poor quality rangefinder mechanism at that.

?? What sort of "poor quality" are you referring to?  There were early
QC problems, but no poor quality that could be attributed to the
design AFAIK.  The rangefinder on the RF is superior to the M6 in one
fundamental way - it never flares.

>I think there would be a strong market for a 'simple' (ie not a Contax G2)
>RF camera with aperture priority and true Leica glass compatibility.

Konica thinks so too - that's why they made one.

Paul

Message from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends)
Message from "faneuil" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends)