Subject: [Leica] ODDS and ends
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:17:11 -0400

Spent some time at B&H this a.m. playing with equipment and BSing with
two of the older salesguys...
1. If you want a "mechanical " Nikon, it's the F3 not the FM2, simply in
terms of the 100% viewfinder - incredibly bright and easy to use with
glasses....yes, I know the price is about double....
2. The rest of this was volunteered by the sales guys, not something I
even asked them about:
*  They swear they were told by the Konica rep that the Hexar RF was
indeed a joint Hexar-Leica development deal and was meant to be the
equivalent of an M7, but Leica didn't approve of the end result, and so
Konica went it alone;
* The RF is absolutely NOT moving. "It's got the wrong name on it.
People say Konica is a copier maker, not a camera maker."
* The N1 is just taking up shelf space. They were saying they sell maybe
five units a month, all to businessmen from a certain Asian country that
isn't Japan. Their take on the N1..."Why would anyone buy the N1 when
there are only four lenses for it, and no compatability with the other
Contax lenses.

B. D.

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com> (Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends)
Reply from "onetreehillclw" <onetreehillclw@compaq.net> (Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends)