Subject: Re: [Leica] Lubricating grease for helical focusing gears
From: Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:26:39 -0400

Grease is the right thing to lubricate the helical with - get a light
grease that is made for helicals.  Be careful when you dis-assemble
the helical - they are often multi-threaded, so it is absolutely important
that you get the correct threads engaged when you put it back together.

Fargo Enterprises sells a whole series of greases.  Another important
factor in the grease is that for optical assemblies, it doesn't outgas
and coat everything (inner lens surface, the inside of your Leica).

Good luck.

Vick