Subject: Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 18:47:38 -0700

>[snip]
>The Hexar RF is also not selling up here in Edmonton either. Quite a few
>tire kickers but none sold. In the same time period they have sold many more
>M6-TTLs than normal.
>
>John Collier
>

>> From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
>>[snip]
>> * The RF is absolutely NOT moving.

Not to generalize based on only two examples (but of course that's exactly
what I'm going to do), but this would suggest that real-world demand for an
electronic Leica-like RF was not as strong as some (including many here on
this list) believed.

From the little we've actually heard about the Hexar from Luggers (and also
based on what I've seen in reviews), the Hexar is fine camera - solid, well
built, reliable. The Konica lenses are reported to be good performers and,
of course, the Hexar can also take Leica lenses, so why isn't the Hexar
doing as well as many thought it would?

Maybe AE and RF do not mix, that is, maybe most RF users - for whatever
reason - prefer a manual camera, and electronics better suit those areas of
photography in which the SLR excels.

Guy

Replies: Reply from brougham3@yahoo.com ([Leica] Re: ODDS and ends)
Reply from "faneuil" <leica_korenman@hotmail.com> (Re: [Leica] ODDS and ends)