Subject: [Leica] R8 and older lens
From: Jim Hemenway <jim@hemenway.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 10:07:45 -0400

Hi Gerry & Tarek:

Thanks for your replies.

I'm looking at a Leicaflex R8 with a used, but very nice F4 37-70 R,
(with Macro). I now have a 3 cam 60mm/f2.8 R macro lens on my SL which I
would also like to use on the R8... if I buy it.  The R8 instruction
booklet stated something to the effect that my 60mm needs to be ROMed,
otherwise it can/will damage the camera.  That's why I was wondering
about the cost.

So, now I don't know which is correct Gerry, since you haven't run into
any problems.

Do either of you by any chance use an extender with the 60mm Macro?  If
so how do you like it?

Jim

Replies: Reply from Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net> (Re: [Leica] R8 and older lens)
Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] R8 and older lens)