Subject: [Leica] Re: Servicing Leica's In Australia
From: Andrew Nemeth <azn@nemeng.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 06:38:08 +1100

"Tony Salce" <NadinaTony@bigpond.com> wrote:

>Thanks to Steve, Rob and Mike for your replies concerning the servicing of
>Leica's in Australia. Nothwithstanding the advice of the Aussies on the
>list, I think I will try Sherry Krauter. She has such a good reputation and
>experience. I was wanting the meter recalibrated for my Leicaflex SL and I
>feel that she would likely be better trained to perform this type of repair.

Tony,

Before you send your camera O/S, give "European Camera Service"
in St Kilda Road (Melbourne) a try - 03 9866 6280.

The repairs are done by Jorg Heumuller who I have spoken with on
the phone.  Nice guy and a former Leica Solms technician.  Worth
a try at any rate and the turn-around time would be much shorter
than shipping it out to the justifiably popular and over-booked
Sherry.

Not pushing this, just a thought.

Andrew Nemeth

<http://4020.net>    -> photos, 360° panoramic vrs, sounds