Subject: [Leica] Re: Nomenclature
From: Hans-Peter.Lammerich@t-online.de
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:03:58 +0100

I want companies to spend money on the product, not on marketing or
trade names, at least not to much. I disrespect companies which are just
a marketing shell, with all "techncial" activities (manufacturing, r&d
even) being carried out by subcontractors. "Breitling" watches are a
good example for this.

That the Rolls-Royce trademark is now owned by BMW is an accident
(Volkswagen's , incidentially). BMW has it since they bought
Rolls-Royce's jet engine division.

BMW and Cosina are no marketing shelly, but technically competent firms
who however find that it would sense to sell some of the products under
supposedly shinier, albeit defunkt brand names.

Hans-Peter