Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Bessa-T - let me get this straight...
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:06:22 -0500

At 10:17 AM 3/16/2001 -0800, Ted Grant wrote:
>> and, I suppose, a Cosina board room.<<<<
>
>I wondered why you made this comment? Not a chain pull, but an honest
>question as I really don't understand.

If Cosina had one ounce of honesty, they would list their goods as being
made by Cosina and not by "Voigtländer".  The products are NOT made by
Voigtländer, a defunct German company.  They are made by Cosina.  Why is
Cosina so afeared of using their own name on their own products?

This is a LEICA Users' Group.  I was unaware I belonged to a COSINA Users'
Group.  I do belong to several Lists which involve the real Voigtlander
name and heritage, and am an early member of the Voigtländer Verein, the
Mark organization.  But, again, this is the LEICA Users' Group, and let it
rest their.

I recognize that Stephen Gandy, as a vendor, has a vested fiscal interest
in this issue, and that Tom Abrahamson appears to have the same (note:  he
has NOT denied that he receives goodies or money or favors from Cosina!).

Again, Ted, does the word "E T H I C S" mean anything to you?

Cosina seems to have no ethics.  If they did, they would quit this hiding
behind the "Voigtländer" name and would be honest enough to list their
products in their own name.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!