Subject: [Leica] TTL meter "off"
From: Stephen Patriquen <patriquen@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 02:14:34 -0800 (PST)

Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 20:27:24 -0500
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Subject: RE: [Leica] meter use and the M6 problem
> To me ,the ideal switch would be activated with the
sutter lever .
> Unfold the lever a little bit , and you power your
M6 !

and

>Right.  You want the switch to physically prevent the

shutter release button
>from being pressed.  I have too many shots of the
inside of
>my courierware
bag.

I agree - but Leica will have to do that in future Ms
(for reference I can lend them one of my late-80s FM2s
with a similar meter and that exact on/off system -
batteries can last years!).

However, I am looking for a way to "improve" my
existing M6 TTL, and I think a battery compartment
switch might do the trick.

Does anyone know of a source for a black late M-style
frame preview lever?

Steve Patriquen
London