Subject: [Leica] CL, fast lenses and 24 asph
From: Stephen Patriquen <patriquen@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 12:21:19 -0800 (PST)

I have the Minolta CLE and I love it. While it is not
a CL, it shares the short RF base. I find it works
great with lenses other than the 40 and 90. (In fact,
the CLE has the bonus of a 28 frame.) It also works
well with a newer 21, the 25 Skopar, and the 15
Heliar, in my experience.

As far as longer and faster lenses go, providing they
don't physically block the RF, just don't shoot wide
open. Shooting at f8+ toward infinity I would imagine
a 135 would be usable.

I also want to publicly admit to selling a 24 asph.
While a lovely lens, I prefer my (late, non-asph) 21.
The 24 languished in my bag, and eventually on the
shelf.

I feel cleansed now.

Steve Patriquen
London