Subject: Re: [Leica] TTL meter "off"
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 13:32:48 +0100

Stephen Patriquen wrote:

> > To me ,the ideal switch would be activated with the
> sutter lever .
> > Unfold the lever a little bit , and you power your
> M6 !
>
> and
>
> >Right.  You want the switch to physically prevent the
>
> shutter release button
> >from being pressed.  I have too many shots of the
> inside of
> >my courierware
> bag.
>
> I agree - but Leica will have to do that in future Ms
> (for reference I can lend them one of my late-80s FM2s
> with a similar meter and that exact on/off system -
> batteries can last years!).

In fact, this is how things work on my Leicaflex SL from the early 70s,
at least the bit about turning on the meter by taking out the film
advance lever a bit. I have not changed battery in it yet, that is, it
still has the battery that sat in it when I bought it 1 1/2 year ago.

Nathan

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland