Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Maison du Leica
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:02:53 +0100

I have two theories about the reasons (just thought about it during
morning chores):

1) France is much less wired than other European countries (one of the
lowest Internet penetration rates in Western Europe), and consequently
shopping online is not accessible to as many people as elsewhere and has
simply not taken root yet.

2) The French tend to have poor foreign language skills (this is not
designed to draw flames from French LUGgers, it is however a fact, see the
latest Eurobarometer survey on the topic). Hence, it is more difficult for
them to navigate the web sites of the German dealers, which are invariably
in German and sometimes also in English.

Both of these factors apply to Belgium as well, albeit to a lesser degree.

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> On 05-03-2001 23:08, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
> >This also never ceases to amaze me. With the open market in the EU, I
> >simply do not understand why more French buyers of pricey gear like
> >Leica do not shop in Germany (which would force the French dealers to
> >lower their prices to more realistic levels).
>
> I must echo this. The same is valid, although to a somewhat lesser
> degree, for many Leica prices in Belgium.
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE
>
> ---------
> Visit my photo pages at http://members.nbci.com/cyberplace
> ---------
> <<< PGP public key available upon request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Herrliberg (ZH), Switzerland

e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch