Subject: Re: [Leica] Lense testing...
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 18:27:22 -0800

Austin Franklin wrote:

> > I'd suggest after this high tech test a simple practical usage test.
> > Aim the camera with a tripod at something.
> > Take a shot,
> > take the UV filter off
> > take another shot.
>
> Been there, done that.  No difference.  People still argue there IS a
> difference though, but refuse to qualify this supposed difference.
>
> Testing with electronic measuring equipment is completely unbiased, not
> subject to human 'error', and will qualify the difference.

Every test has a bias. Years ago a professor of mine said "we make a few
BS's and DA's (bold simplifications and daring assumptions)" and that
has stuck with me ever since.

I am not saying the BS's and DA's are wrong, only that they will be made
and that they are  a part of the test results.

Not subject to human error? well in my opinion *everything* is subject
to human error. There are ways to minimize it, to detect it, but it is
subject to it.

Dennis

oh yea,
ARCHIVE IT!