Subject: Re: [Leica] death of a leicameter...
From: Dennis Painter <dpainter@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 22:41:21 -0800

Roland Smith wrote:

> Hello Al:
>
> I have a similar problem with mine.   The battery test works just find.
> When I try for a reading, most of the time, the needle doesn't move.
>
> Keep me informed of your progress toward a solution.

Photocell or the switch is bad. Obviously the meter movement is ok. If
it's just the switch the cost to repair should be nominal. The switch
you could even do yourself as it's a simple slid switch using the main
PCB as part of the contacts.

Dennis

Message from "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com> (Re: [Leica] death of a leicameter...)