Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: photography at altitude
From: Peter Klein <pklein@2alpha.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:38:37 -0800

>"Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com> sez:
>I guess in Portland, there is no Sunny 16 rule!  Only Cloudy f8 and Cloudy
>Bright f11.  ;-)
>
>Sorry, Mark, I couldn't resist!
>
>Tom Schofield
>Sunny 16 California   (although Cloudy f8 this weekend)

Around here in the winter, we often have the Tri-X cloudy 1/60 at f/4
rule!  So our outdoor pictures can be taken at the same settings as our
indoor ones.

However, today we had a rare case of Sunny 22!   The remaining snow from
Friday's 4-10 inch storm was shining up a storm in the noonday sun!

(Hey Mark Rabiner, did you get up here on Friday, or did the engineer get
an attack of good sense and turn the train back?)

- --Peter Klein
Slogging in Seattle, where it never snows, except on the rare occasions
when it does.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] RE: photography at altitude)